Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Epic Acorn

... is done! I had less than half of it complete yesterday afternoon (about 13 seconds) so I basically just camped out all night with a small portion of the class and got it done. I'm actually pretty happy with it considering how much of it was animated under a tight schedule. The clean up is not as smooth as it could have been, but it still has a finished feel to it, which is all I wanted to accomplish for this class.

Flash was mean and wouldn't let me export a .mov at 24fps ... for some reason. It was only exporting at 12fps. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I started the project at 12fps, and later changed it, but I'm not sure. Exporting as an .avi worked well and I was able to bring it into Premier then, but of course the quality suffered a bit, and it's a bit pixellated. .Avi's just stink like that, but I'd rather have the pixellation than the awful strobing.

If I had the opportunity to do it all again, I would definitely just try to get through the tutorials quicker so that I had more than 4 and a half weeks to work on the short film. Normally it wouldn't take that long, but I believe I got caught up with the new program, as I was completely Flash illiterate before taking this class. I'm glad I got through it though, because I feel once I get a better grasp on it, Flash is going to be one of my favorite animation tools.

Here's "The Epic Acorn". Enjoy!

Edit: It's playing horribly on here... -_-

No comments: